I really just bought these so I’d have something to eat instead of the peach cobbler Ben and Jerry’s I picked up for Scott. Sugar is enough. I don’t need sugar and an angry stomach. (I was going to get coconut milk ice cream, but $7 for a pint? Shut your mouth.)
The tiniest quinoa shells are boiling for dinner. I’m going to add some sweet Italian sausage, leftover vodka sauce and whatever frozen vegetables I can dig out of the freezer. Easy is necessary tonight.
In yet another assessment of my sleep, I woke up at 7 a.m. today! I fully intended to sleep until 10 (got to sleep way too late, of course), but I was up for good. I’m a huge idiot, though, and accidentally on purpose took a two-hour nap that probably ruined any hope I have of an early bedtime.
And onto CrossFit.
5 minutes of foam rolling; 3x: 10 ring rows, 10 push-ups, 10 air squats; stretchin’
3-3-3-3-3 tempo front squats (31x1)
31x1 = down for 3, pause for 1 at the bottom, back up for 1
Front squats are getting progressively less horrible. My wrists still ached on the last two sets but not nearly as bad as they have. Success!
- 50 thrusters (RX was 65, I used 45)
- 50 sit-ups (subbed for toes to bar, as we couldn’t do knees to elbows)
Finished in 6:49.
Eesh, this was gross. I broke up the thrusters into 10-10-10-5-5-5-5. I rested too long in between sets, though. With thrusters a longer rest doesn’t matter. It’s going to blow as soon as you start again no matter what.
Time for pasta, dessert and Agricola with a husband who has probably worked 40 hours in the past three days.
Thanks again for all your encouragement, guys. It means a lot. Starting something new is scary, and it helps more than you know.
- friedtofit likes this
- my-laughing-heart likes this
- stephaniedenny likes this
- nutrify likes this
- amandafestation likes this
- hopetherunner likes this
- sinkflsink likes this
- snap-eat-love likes this
- katiegirlchasesinfinity likes this
- wiseandfeisty likes this
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- stephsaysgo likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- runswithpoodle likes this
- yearwon likes this
- erinerinerint said: That’s a really good point about thrusters - they really do suck even with a rest :p
- erinerinerint likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- nerdyjess likes this
- ihopeyoulikeblackberries likes this
- thatsminethankyou likes this
- sarahspeaksnow likes this
- clangnbang said: We did thrusters Monday and my ass is probably the sorest it has ever been.
- amendingamber likes this
- notesontheheavy likes this
- fromlazytolively said: 50 thrusters oh my!! You’re a beast!
- fromlazytolively likes this
- maaaandyb likes this
- futureisyettocome likes this
- eatteachwodrepeat likes this
- desert-child likes this
- thehomecookrunner likes this
- littlelaur likes this
- macindy likes this
- lizlivinglife likes this
- ellaceron likes this
- straightarrowlife said: Oh please. Your food blog is going to be pure amazingness. You have a great personality for it and it will shine through. Combine that with your fundamentally fine cooking skills and eye for photos and you are SET. Can’t wait!
- themotherrunner said: Peach cobbler is legit. LOOOOVE. That and late night snack.
- themotherrunner likes this
- straightarrowlife likes this
- alliegets posted this