Janelle and I explored Roosevelt Island this afternoon. This was a mistake.
Don’t let those pictures fool you. Those pretty much capture the highlights of about two hours. The rest was a really depressing park, a suspicious number of birthday parties, general dilapidation and way too many buses for a tiny island.
On the plus side, the tram to get there (see above photo taken from a terrifying height) was neat, and there was a neat old (like 1800s old) mental institution and a sweet lighthouse I was determined to climb. Alas, once we finally got to it, it was gated off.
At least the weather was nice and we had a lot of things to make fun of. We honestly could not figure out why people live there. If you know, please share.
Roosevelt Island: 3/10, do not recommend.
- angeldrinkstea likes this
- malloryrunsthis likes this
- amandafestation likes this
- veggielife said: I want to take the tram but don’t care much about the actual island. Though I’ve heard it’s a good place to play foursquare.
- becky-balances likes this
- littlemissyoullgofar likes this
- uhoh-janellio said: TERRIBLE. Just terrible!
- uhoh-janellio likes this
- marathonmelissa likes this
- fitnerd likes this
- amy---ela said: "a suspicious number of birthday parties" sounds hilarious
- amy---ela likes this
- missmarisol likes this
- shortmom likes this
- runningwithpoodle likes this
- snapthistiger likes this
- maryfreakingsunshine likes this
- battlesagainstmyself likes this
- museandmirth likes this
- apureadventure likes this
- athomebrooklyn said: I ran a race on Roosevelt Island a few years ago and I kept thinking at every bend that something spectacular was going to appear. NOPE. Haven’t gone back since :)
- ayychee likes this
- high-heel-mileage likes this
- thatsminethankyou likes this
- jimicowan likes this
- carolynrennt likes this
- desert-child likes this
- britsfit likes this
- yearwon likes this
- thehomecookrunner likes this
- becomingaweasley said: White Collar is currently telling me that it’s a great place for folks in WitSec. Maybe they all got assigned there with the same birthday.
- notesontheheavy likes this
- liftingbeerandliz likes this
- alliegets posted this