Hi, cuties. Thanks for being so sweet to my whiny ass. Saturday was about 10 times better than Friday, so I’m perfectly fine now.
Said it before and I’ll say it again. The CrossFit games are so fun to watch. 1. Everyone is so impressive. 2. Everyone is so attractive. What’s not to like?
Yesterday I squatted. Worked up to 3 sets of 5 at 75 percent of my max, which is decidedly not that much. It was really hard. This was both super depressing and a good kick in the ass.
I also floor pressed at 75 percent and it was easy, so at least something went my way.
Scott did a little metcon with me (3 rounds of 250 m row, 15 sit-ups, 15 Kb swings) and we finished at the exact same time and had the same number of meters on our rowers at the end (763). Creeps!
He also squatted and pressed, and he’s getting much more consistent!
Yesterday I ugly cried because I thought about the fact that even if I get another 70 years with that dude, it won’t be enough. I think I picked the right one. 😉
The Tour de France is almost over. Sad. Fact: bike crashes are always horrifying. So many limbs. So many wheels.
I want scrambled eggs. I do not want to make scrambled eggs. This is a problem.
We cleaned the house yesterday, but the laundry is staring me in the face. I would pay $100 if I could snap my fingers and it would be done. Maybe more.
you know those days
Where you can’t do anything right and it all stacks on each other and eventually you want to scream?
Really want a cookie. Still warm from the oven.
I did a real bro move for myself and made this breakfast casserole to have for the rest of the workweek. I used ground pork that I seasoned with a bunch of spices (no sausage hanging around), chopped up the sweet potato really small because I somehow don’t have a grater and stirred in some frozen peas and broccoli. Really tasty!
The second event in the CrossFit Games is a 1-rep max overhead squat. Watching these ladies OH squat 200+ pounds is crazy/impressive. Relatedly, watching overhead squats really stresses me out.
I was up way too late. I’m feeling it this morning. Maybe I’ll take a nap after work.
Today’s CrossFit workout just wasn’t doing it for me. Instead I’m going to practice pull-ups on my own, then take a conditioning class. Sometimes it’s just about getting yourself in the gym, right?
I’ve had a few FitBits. I lost one and put two more through the laundry. I’m the worst. But Scott gave me his, so now I’m back to caring about how many steps I get. Yesterday was 8,200ish. I was too tired/it was too hot for me to really care about going outside for more.
I’m going back to strength class tomorrow morning! Floor press. Can’t wait. I skipped squats yesterday because Celeste and I did tempo back squats on Monday, and it just seemed unnecessary to punish myself again.
Fun little workout today. ANOTHER barbell complex (this is four weeks in a row, I think) and a metcon that had me gasping a bit.
6 minute EMOM:
- odd: 10 ring rows, 5 burpees
- even: 15 jump squats
lots of wrist, hip and quad mobility
5 sets: 3 clean pulls, 2 hang power cleans
My thumb felt like it was going to fall off. I’ve only done clean pulls a few times, and they only feel OK with lots of weight.
- toes to bar (subbed knees to elbow mostly because I’m a spaz and can’t get the hang of T2B consistently)
- hang power cleans (155/110 — 75 for me)
- deadlifts (same as above)
Fun, fun, fun. I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would. Did everything unbroken and finished in 7:19.
This was originally written as 12-11-10-9 … but shortened for time, so maybe I’ll try that in a couple weeks.
kilfudd made me reenact my looking-for-the-bus pose. And no, I could not be paler.
look, finally something other than instagram pictures
- Oh hi guys. I said this a couple weeks ago, but I’ve been pretty quiet here and now part of me thinks it’s partially me feeling out of place. I read about you all kicking ass, and I’ve just been kind of meh lately. I guess I don’t have much to say or at least I don’t feel like I do.
- I thought I found my wagon, but then I burned it in a fire. Time to get back to some consistency. Story of my life?
- In other news, CrossFit Games on the beach = 1 million inappropriate comments with my main Bs. Basically it boils down to all of us wishing the entire weekend could happen in swim shorts. And lots of leery emojis. Don’t forget those.
- Celeste is gone, and I am sad.
- Our workout tonight is called “Ze Grip” and consists of way too many toes to bar, cleans and deadlifts. This is going to hurt.
- I ate breakfast at home and made coffee for myself. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. Sad.
- (Let’s ignore the fact that my breakfast was half a leftover sandwich Celeste left in my fridge.)
- So, my first month of limiting my personal spending is going … not that well. Next month I’m going to focus on actually budgeting my money and not just spending willy nilly. July was me going out for lunch and getting coffee too much. GOOD JOB, AL.
- I finished “City of Thieves” the other day, and it was great.
- OK bye.