Anonymous said: Hello! We have the same haircut. Yours Looks markedly better. Could you give a play by play of how you style it/products you use? Specifically how you get awesome volume while maintaining sleekness. Bless.
Continued: Okay more specifically when your hair was a bit shorter.
Two keys here: blow dryer + round brush and a flat iron.
I’m sure there are some good tutorials out there on blow drying with a brush, but basically go section by section using the end of the blow dryer against your hair/the brush. Take small pieces and get each one dry before moving on. This is how I get volume. Don’t skip the back, either, or you’ll have a weird flat head.
(If I’m not in a hurry I let my hair dry naturally probably 75 percent of the way first. If I’m pressed for time, I blow dry my hair with my head upside down until it’s just damp, then switch to the brush.)
I use a flat iron on the ends to make sure everything is smoothed out. If I take my time blow drying I don’t have to do much of that, but the flat iron does make the whole mess a little more polished.
I finish it all off with a bit of hairspray. I like heavy hold. That flexible crap does nothing for me. My favorite is got2b glued.
- I don’t know what’s up with me, but I’m just kind of off today. So grumpy.
- I’m going to a fancy sushi dinner tonight, and I’m REALLY excited.
- Scott is out of town for a few days. Pro: I get the bed to myself. Con: He’s fun, and I’ll miss that idiot.
- My eating has been fine lately, but we definitely got cupcakes after dinner last night. Eh.
- I made this lamb kofta for dinner last night (am I platesandweightsyet?) and it was delicious. The sauce was really tasty too.
- I haven’t worked out since Saturday. Uhh. Maybe that’s why I’m so bratty today.
- I slept for a million hours last night.
- I just finished “Chamber of Secrets.” I don’t think I’ll ever tire of the Potters.
Today in suggestive witch fashion. Alternatively titled: I’ve had this skirt for years and just realized it has pockets.
Here’s the thing about working at a gym: it’s so, so easy to never wear real clothes. Stretchy pants, tank tops and sneakers are totally acceptable.
I cleaned out my closet today, got rid of everything that didn’t fit and saw a bunch of things I forgot I had.
This week I’m going to try a little harder to look put together.
booty don’t quit
My butt is so sore. I think it was last night’s EMOM rowing and front-rack lunges. We never do those, and boy are they awkward. I felt like my knees were caving in every time and feared for my life.
I’m not going to recap the whole workout because it really felt like one of those days where CrossFit, for me, is ultimately just exercise. Romanian deadlifts, rowing and lunges. Nothing crazy, nothing great, just a sweaty workout to end my night.
One of the trainers had a private session early this morning so I didn’t have to open the gym. I slept an extra hour, and it was glorious. It was still so hard to get out of bed, though.
Last night I was reading in bed and Scott was on the computer. He comes in, looking a little concerned, and says “… What’s alliepets?” Oh sweet husband. It’s just a fake Tumblr Celeste made because she’s the biggest troll I know.
I took this really obnoxious picture in my underwear (whatever, you do that too), and I’m kind of blown away. My stomach looks better than it has … probably ever. There’s still an area that will bother me forever unless 1. I have like -5 percent body fat or 2. get over it, but otherwise I’m really pleased.
This is probably getting old, but I feel really on track and I’m proud of myself.
katherinerxd said: Wait. Are you and Celeste not sisters? I thought you two were sisters for the past year and a half?? Am I wrong???
This is the best thing I’ve ever read.
No, we’re not sisters. Just soul mates.
Anonymous said: Where are all your piercings?
Highly amused that this is anon.
Currently: two in each ear, two forward helix in my right ear, tragus on both ears, septum.
Previously: two on one side of my nose, one on the other side, philtrum, two dermal anchors on the side of my face next to my ear
~meet the blogger~
Little Miss katherinerxd tagged me in this forever ago, and it reminds me of Live Journal, so obviously I’m doing it. Now I’m thinking about all people who are going to have to look up Live Journal. Oh man.
- Name: Allie!
- Age: 26 for another month, though I was absolutely convinced the other day that I was turning 28, not 27
- Gender: gal
- Selfie: see my last 100 posts
- Food: cookies and pork, but not together (actually, I would probably eat a cookie with bacon in it)
- Drink: water, gin and tonic, iced coffee
- Book: Of all time: the Harry Potters. Lately: “Tell the Wolves I’m Home” and “The Goldfinch.”
- Author: JK Rowling, Dave Eggers (but don’t get me started on “The Circle,” god.)
- Song: “Nothing Better,” probably.
- Movie: The other day I said “Beauty and the Beast,” so let me come up with another. I could watch “Amelie,” “Say Anything” and “Heathers” forever.
- TV show: “Top Chef” for passive watching, otherwise “Buffy” or “Veronica Mars.”
- Band: It’ll probably always be Death Cab for Cutie. I’ll never quit you, Gibbard.
- Solo artist: Regina Spektor. Fiona Apple. Don’t make me choose.
- Place: My bed.
- Subject: I haven’t been in school for 100 years. English, though. Linguistics classes are fun!
- Sport: To watch, hockey. To participate, CrossFit.
- I skipped the favorite actor/actress questions because I don’t really have those.
- Best friend: My dumb husband, Clst and Jess
- Siblings: Bindy, Mark, Ray
- Dream job: Playing with puppies and not having to deal with the poop and pee.
- Political ideology: Oh you know, liberal-y.
- Religion: Nay.
- Tattoos: Semicolon, bow, “A” and “S,” map of the world.
- Piercings: Too many. I’m down to nine, but I’ve had 15.
- Languages: English and as much Spanish as one learns in four college classes.
- Reason behind URL: Allie gets ____. Fill in the blank! Strong, fast, etc.
- Reason behind icon: Great hair day.
- Tracked tags: alliegets, which I only look at once in great while.
- Why you joined: I was obsessed with kilfudd. Obviously. I had recently lost 40 pounds or so and wanted somewhere to talk about being ~healthy~
- First URL: Pretty sure it’s always been alliegets, but I can’t remember.
- Number of blogs: Three. alliegets, alliegetscookin (this is boring, be warned) and a test blog I was using to make a Tumblr theme. I should finish that some day.
And whoever else wants to, obviously.